Full-Time Unified comms and MVNO service engineer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Unified comms and MVNO service engineer
We’re looking for the very best people to join us. People who share our passion, our pioneering spirit and hunger for innovation. If that sounds like you, this is your chance to take your career in telecommunications further. We are truly unique in our opportunity to change the market by bringing complete solutions together.
As a UC (One Net products) and MVNO Support Engineer you will provide a single point of contact and end-to-end Incident case ownership as part of the Service Operations 1st line support team, keeping our internal stakeholders informed on progress.
You will be involved in validating and investigating Network incidents utilising the correct support areas to aid in the swift resolution of network outages and issues to improve our customer experience.
You will also work to continually review best practices, following Speed, Simplicity and Trust across the end to end process of a Network Incident.
Please note this team provide support on an extended working day so some flexibility around working hours will be required (7am – 6pm on a 37.5 hour week basis)
As a UC and MVNO Support Engineer your main responsibilities will include:
– Prioritise and schedule incoming incidents and requests.
– Deliver reactive management, responding to support requests as per agreed priority Matrix and ensures all investigations are carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures.
– Works collaboratively with others within team and other departments on the resolution of network issues. Displays sound judgement and makes effective, timely decisions.
– Checks for the completeness and reliability of information, takes decisions with appropriate speed. Ability to work under pressure and to manage own workload within guidelines.
– Displays strong stakeholder management skills, being able to review processes and making best practice decisions to improve standards where applicable,
– Communicate major problems to management, team members, and the user communities and product owners.
– Create and maintain technical document suppository including troubleshooting guides enabling easy fault investigation for the first
As a UC and MVNO Support Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
– Working within a Telco or mobile operator
– Ability to multitask, work on own initiative and work to tight deadlines
– Ability to collect and analyse data from the 2G, 3G and 4G networks in order to aid in diagnosing a network fault
– Excellent understanding of troubleshooting methodologies.
– Experience of working in all tiers of a first and second line fault finding team investigating service issues
– Excellent understanding of 2G/3G Voice
– Good knowledge of SS7 & Sigtran Protocols
– Thorough knowledge of the Vodafone core switching network, including MSC’s, MGW’s, SGW’s.
– Excellent knowledge of 2G/3G Data Control and User plane flows
– Thorough understanding of Vodafone Core Data infrastructure.
– Thorough understanding of Vodafone service portfolio, including MMS, SMS, Vodafone Live, Internet Access
– Significant experience of working on Telco networks using own initiative.
– Significant operational experience of IT/Telecom support
– Strong verbal and written communication skills; to communicate in a clear and concise manner.
Please note that all candidates internal and external will be subject to baseline security checks and Vodafone reserves the right to terminate employees that do not meet our minimum vetting requirements.
Please advise if you require any alterations or adjustments to support you through our recruitment process. If so please contact us on email@example.com
How to Apply
1324 total views, 1 today